Monday, November 17, 2008

Gorilla modeling

Hey

My attempt to model a gorilla I sketched out. I will upload the sketch later which will be attached to my finalized versions of my 3D models (if anyone is wondering where they are). I usually draw out full rotations of my characters before I model which I think is a necessity for me. It was my first time modeling a gorilla and it took a long time. The mesh works a bit differently from a human so I used a different method for the which was challenging. I usually do box modeling but this time I chose to test out curve modeling. There are still a few touch ups on the model but here it is for now. He is supposed to look meaner but I haven't rigged it yet so he's as friendly as Barney, if anyone still remembers the purple dinosaur.

There is a story attached behind this, but the shortest summary I can think of so far is a Gorilla playing whack-a-mole with a tiny cute bird. I'll try to upload more often so stay tuned!


Enjoy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

he looks cute! hehe :)

Andrew Chan said...

niceeee haha.. keep it up!

Cuxo said...

Looking good Thom!